Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hands on Science...



It has been a while since I posted on here. I have been trying to get caught up on things with the kids in summer break. On top of that I have been working on getting my writing career up and started.
I thought I would post a few pics I had taken towards the end of this school year.
We discovered a turtle and decided to check it out. What better way to learn about something (at least the things that don't bite or sting) than hands on. The kids loved it of course and my son wanted to keep it but I had to explain that he wasn't a pet, he was wild and wouldn't survive inside. After a little while of talking to him and examining him we released him back into the wild. Hands on science is so cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures:) That is too cool. We have a lot of turtles around here. We almost kept one for a pet but I started researching about turtles online and realized that they can harbor mites and other illnesses when wild. So we did the same as you. The kids played for awhile and then we sent him back to his home. They were fine with setting him free. I let them know that he would not be used to being confined and needs to be with his family.
Hope you are all having a great summer! How'd the testing go?
It went very well on our end--even after all the stressing. LOL.
Trilynn

Autumn Leavz said...

We are still anxiously awaiting test results. The test itself went fine. There were areas that I definitely saw that we need to work on and I tried to adjust our curriculum for it for next year. Also, I think we studied math so much to try to catch him up that we neglected english at the end when he needed to review it for the test as well. But next year we'll know better and HOPEFULLY will be more prepared and will take the test earlier. Right now I am just hoping that the results come in before the deadline of August! Cross fingers!