Friday, May 1, 2009

New personal goals...

I mentioned yesterday that I was working on writing out the school goals for next year, and even for this summer.

I also have decided to put my own goals in place as well. Consider it like a new year's resolution but in spring. Maybe it's May day resolution. :) I want to vastly improve my list of books read. I had received a list of books that asked how many you had read and my list was not very impressive. That set me to thinking about all of these great "classic" books out there that I haven't read and I would like to.
I started this on Monday, I think with "Pride and Prejudice". To be honest, it's not really my cup of tea writing style wise, but it's definitely not unpleasant.

I also started a goal to read the Bible in a year. A friend has sent me a cool book mark type thing that lists each verse and has a check mark spot to keep track of where you are and what you've read already. It starts on January 1st but I thought I'd go ahead and give it a go now, so today, May 1st was my first day.

I just thought that if I share these things that maybe it'll give me a place to keep track of what I've done and keep me motivated. :)

2 comments:

Mama said...

Sounds like great goals! I too, share the goal to read the whole bible in a year. I'm about 70% done, so I think I'll be able to accomplish it!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, girl. I am so proud of you. Don't forget to set daily writing as a goal too, as you have all those famous writers in your family tree!