Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Curriculum!

Okay, someone recommended some new curriculum to me after hearing that we spend over 6 hours per day. I checked out the Five In A Row (FIAR) homepage and was impressed. I had glanced at it before but for some reason it wasn't what I was looking for at the time. But I like the way it is related to books (you know, I am very fond of literature!) and it's learning based on classic books. So I bought it just now and can't wait to get it in and give it a try.

I was a little afraid that the library wouldn't have the books that go along with it, but I did a quick search on a few titles and they did, so that will not be a road block.

Maybe it will have good effects on the kids too, put a little bit more enjoyment into school. :) If it works out, I will sell our other curriculum or put it back for later (since a lot of what we use isn't really grade specific).

I'll keep you posted on how it goes....I wish they had speedy shipping! :D

ps....about our day: we had p.e. group and chess club today. It still baffles me that the kids can just jump in like they've known these people their whole lives. I am so shy and such a complete opposite of that. That's why so many people have told me later they thought I was stuck up, but I was really just too shy to talk. I try to make myself talk a little more now. :) But I love these groups! There are so many nice homeschool families! It's our 2 year anniversary and I'm so happy to have FINALLY met people who do what we do. It's good to finally feel connected to a community.

No comments: