Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pedi-Paw.....SUCH SCAMMERS!

A few months ago I bought the Pedi Paw from television. It was the cheaper of the two versions (or the Peti-cure) but thought I'd give it a shot. Before I actually got the package in the mail I got a phone call from the company. I answered thinking it might be a problem with my order, maybe it was back ordered, etc....

They wanted to sign me up in some jewelry of the month club...what? No thank you! The woman totally pitched me like a telemarketer. No thank you, just send my pedi paw.

I got my product and I love it, haven't had any problems. My only problem is that my dog's front paws are ticklish so she won't let me hold them long to work....and she's a 70lb dog, so it takes a while to file them down. But overall, no problems or complaints regarding the product.

About a week or two ago I got a check in the mail from Pedi Paw. It was for $8, I thought that maybe somehow they were giving discounts to customers for replacement bands, or maybe they had just overcharged me (yes wishful thinking, lol). But I am no dummy (most of the time....or some of the time anyway) so I inspected the check and found fine print stating that "Cashing this check means that you are enrolling in" some sort of safety program.

WHAT? This is total shenanigans! I have seen these checks from complete rip off companies before but DID NOT think that I would see it come from the Pedi Paw!!! What in the world are they doing? Are they not making enough money off of this product that they have to scam people (as I'm sure there are many people who do not read the fine print and cash this thing, then have to get into the lengthy process of trying to cancel the program BEFORE it racks up money)!

I've bought items from t.v. before without problems. I am the magic bullets biggest fan. No it doesn't do everything like it says (turned my peppers into soup....not neatly chopped like they show) But that is my only complaint. Having it for 5 years now, it's still going strong. It stopped on me for a minute the other day after grinding through frozen strawberries and ice chunks, I almost cried thinking it was dead, but yesterday it started right back up.

Now I'm rambling, but my point is that they never did any of this junk! I would not mind if a company tried to up sell me (do you want to throw in some extra bands for $2? How about this replacement battery set for $8).

My final thought...I wish I would have spent more money and went with the peti-cure. It looks like a sturdier product and I read reviews from people saying that it worked better on bigger dogs. And I bet they wouldn't try to send me phony checks!

No comments: