Sunday, January 25, 2009

Celebrities and Presidents...

I was sitting here this morning looking through celebrity pictures at the Inauguration and many of the Inaugural Balls. I really have a weakness for celebrity photos, I don't know why, but I could spend hours clicking through things like this. Hmm, maybe I should work on that. A few funny things struck me though.

1) Did this many celebrities show up to any of the Inaugural happenings for either of Bush's parties? I am very curious now and will have to do some research, which will inevitably leave me clicking through many more celebrity photos....or just the 3 Republican celebrities alive....not sure which it will be yet. Which brings me to my second point...

2) Why are a VAST MAJORITY of Celebrities Democrats? It's odd isn't it. It doesn't even represent the mix of America...it's like if Americans were split 1/2 and 1/2 (as it appears we are very very close to) then the celebrity vote would be 95% Democrat and 5% Republican. Doesn't that seem strange to you?

But you know a majority of celebrities do live in big cities which I have a working theory about smog and polluted city water and air affecting citizen's brains and causing irrational thought and in exchange....the Democratic party....rofl..okay, my Mom will kill me for that one. :) I'm kidding. But moving along..

3) Why do celebrities feel a huge need to tell us what their political affiliation is...it's not a big deal. The moment I start looking for political advice from an actor, a singer, a rapper, a model...is the day I need to not be allowed to vote anymore! The only positive thing I can even get out of it is that MAYBE they can get the younger generation to start voting, which is very important. At least do your part.

You cannot complain about anything political if you do not do your part to fix it.

But now I'm rambling. I just was curious of those things. I know it's not a new thing because, while I wasn't around then, I have seen footage of musicians protesting wars of the past and throwing their political advice into their songs.
(which would start me on the reason I hate System of a Down....well, the 2nd reason, the first is that I just don't like the guys singing style; But I used to like the "Grandma wont you put on a little makeup" song; before he started getting all political) If I want to hear politics I will turn to reliable sources, not my rock or pop music, thank you very much!

I think I'm finished now...did I mention this is a 6a.m. ramble? :)

No comments: